South Dakota One Call Notification Board Meeting
May 18, 2011
8 a.m. CDT
Ft. Pierre Holiday Inn Express
110 East Stanley Road
Ft. Pierre, SD
Board Members: Bleau LaFave, Northwestern Energy, Chairman; Kurt Pfeifle, Mid-Dakota Rural Water System; Vice Chairman; Erin Hayes, Midcontinent Communications; Fay Jandreau, Midstate Communications: Todd Chambers, Watertown Municipal Utilities; Kevin Kouba, Otter Tail Power Co; Ed Anderson, SDREA; Doug Larson, Northern Border Pipeline; Dan Kaiser, CenturyLink; Eugene Solseth, Hills Septic Service; Terry Larson, Heavy Constructors; Legal Counsel: Kara Semmler Executive Director: Larry Janes.
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- Ryan Hartley, First District Association of Local Governments discussion regarding South Dakota One Call Mapping
- Review and Approval of Financial Report
- Financial Summary including expenditure details for November 2010 to May 2011 and for Fiscal Year 2011
- 2011 Fiscal Year – updated
- 2012 Fiscal Year Budget
- KorPartners Performance Results
- Call volume trends
- Ticket Search
- Executive Director Report Items
- Attorney General Opinion regarding the use of Federal Grant Funds
- OC09-005 – Complaint against Loewenberg Technologies – Writ of Execution returned unsatisfied along with a notice regarding bankruptcy.
- 2011 Spring Excavator/Facility Operator Meeting Summary
- Policy Document Status Report: A committee of Board members: Bleau LaFave, Dan Kaiser, Erin Hayes, Kevin Kouba, and Todd Chambers, as well as Kara Semmler and Larry Janes have met several times to develop a South Dakota One Call Board Policy Document. This report is made according to SDCL 1-27-1.18.
- Executive Director Contract Extension. The contract will expire on August 1, 2011. Shall the Board consider an extension of the current contract? The Board may go into Executive Session if necessary and only according to SDCL 1-25-2.
- Officer Appointments
- The Board issued a final Order regarding the disposition of the following dockets at its February 16, 2011 meeting. The party found in violation by the Board is now out of compliance with the final Order. Today, shall the Board, pursuant to SDCL 49-7A-28, request the Public Utilities Commission to bring an action in the name of the State of South Dakota against the noncompliant party?
- Shall an action be brought in OC10-006 – Northwestern Energy against Scott Olson Digging, Inc.?
- Shall an action be brought in OC10-007 – Northwestern Energy against Scott Olson Digging, Inc.?
- Shall an action be brought in OC10-008 – Northwestern Energy against Scott Olson Digging, Inc.?
- Shall an action be brought in OC10-009 – Otter Tail Power Company against Robert Kohl construction?
- Shall an action be brought in OC10-010 – Watertown Municipal Utilities against Stromseth Construction?
- Shall an action be brought in OC11-001 – Watertown Municipal Utilities against Belair Excavating?
Materials presented at this meeting are available by contacting the Executive Director in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (605) 339-0529.