South Dakota One Call Notification Board Meeting
October 17, 2013
1:00 PM Mountain Daylight Saving Time (2:00 PM Central Daylight Saving Time)
Heavy Construction Conference Room
4101 Deadwood Ave. N., Rapid City, SD
Or By Conference Call at (605) 773-2325, Password: 2073#
If a user misses the call, the Conference Operator may be reached at (605) 773-3031.
Board Members: Erin Hayes, Representing Community Antenna Television Systems, Chairman; Dan Kaiser, Representing Telecommunication Companies Offering Local Exchange Service to More Than 50,000 Customers, Vice Chairman; Bleau LaFave, Representing Investor-Owned Natural Gas Utilities; Doug Larson, Representing Interstate Carriers of Gas or Petroleum; Ed Anderson, Representing Rural Electric Cooperatives; Eugene Solseth, Representing Excavation Contractors; Fay Jandreau, Representing Telecommunication Companies Offering Local Exchange Service to Less Than 50, 000 Customers; John Ward, Representing Excavation Contractors; Kevin Kouba, Representing Investor-Owned Electric Utilities; Kurt Pfeifle, Representing Rural Water Systems; Todd Chambers, Representing Municipalities; Legal Counsel: Kristen Edwards; Executive Director: Larry Janes.
Call to Order and Roll Call
- Approval of Previous Minutes
a. October 10, 2013 Board Meeting
- Review and Approval of Financial Report
a. Financial Summary including expenditure details for July 2013 through September 2013
- On October 10, 2013, the Request for Proposal Committee recommended that the South Dakota One Call Board offer a contract to Texas Excavation Safety System, Inc., dba Texas811, to operate the South Dakota One Call Center from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2018. Today shall the South Dakota One Call Board accept the recommendation of the committee, and today shall the Board offer a contract to Texas Excavation Safety System, Inc., dba Texas811 for the operation of the South Dakota One Call Center from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2018? Or, how shall the Board proceed?
- Today, the Board shall review Administrative Rule 20:25:03:04 and the One Call Center script relating to precise marking and white lining, which when used, excavators mark the perimeter of the excavation area or length and direction of the proposed excavation route by means of white paint or flags. Today, shall the Board consider making changes to Administrative Rule 20:25:03:04 or to the center script relating to precise marking and white lining?
- Today, the Board shall review a draft copy of an exception to 49-7A-5, Emergency Locates. Today shall the Board accept and approve this language, and today shall the Board support legislation with this new language?
Materials presented at this meeting are available by contacting the Executive Director in writing at email@example.com or by calling (605) 339-0529.