SOUTH DAKOTA ONE CALL NOTIFICATION BOARD MEETING
March 6, 2015 1 p.m. CST
NorthWestern Energy, 3010 W. 69th St., Sioux Falls, S.D.
1. Vice-Chairman Dan Kaiser opened the meeting with a Call to Order and Roll Call at 1:00 PM, Central Time.
Members in attendance: Chairman; Vice Chairman, Dan Kaiser, Representing Telecommunication Companies Offering Local Exchange Service to More Than 50,000 Customers; John Ward, Representing Excavation Contractors; Todd Chambers, Representing Municipalities; Bleau LaFave, Representing Investor-Owned Natural Gas Utilities; Eugene Solseth, Representing Excavation Contractors; Ed Anderson, Representing Rural Electric Cooperatives. Also in attendance: Kristen Edwards, Legal Counsel; Larry Janes, Executive Director.
Board members unable to attend: Chairman, Erin Hayes, Representing Community Antenna Television Systems; Fay Jandreau, Representing Telecommunication Companies Offering Local Exchange Service to Less Than 50, 000 Customers; Kurt Pfeifle, Representing Rural Water Systems; Doug Larson, Representing Interstate Carriers of Gas or Petroleum; Kevin Kouba, Representing Investor-Owned Electric Utilities.
2. Vice-Chairman Kaiser asked for a motion to approve the minutes of the January 26, 2015, Board meeting.
Bleau LaFave made the motion to approve the minutes. Dan Kaiser seconded. Motion carried unanimously upon a roll call vote.
3. Today shall the South Dakota One Call Board add an addendum to the contract with Texas811 for the purpose of conducting training at the Spring Damage Prevention meetings in 2015 through 2018?
Dan Kaiser made the motion to approve the addendum to the contract. John Ward seconded. Motion carried unanimously upon a roll call vote.
There being no further business, Dan Kaiser made a motion to adjourn. Erin Hayes seconded the motion. Motion carried unanimously upon a roll call vote.
4. The PUC currently maintains the South Dakota One Call website, but will no longer do so after June 30, 2015.
Today shall the South Dakota One Call enter into a contract with Texas811 to manage the website and to and to make future changes as the need arises?
Gene Solseth asked if the cost was reasonable. Dan Kaiser stated that he did not have a problem with the cost. John Ward stated that Texas811 made previous cost considerations for South Dakota One Call through the RFP process in 2013, and stated he had no problem with the cost for this. Kristen Edwards stated that no bid was necessary on this due to the low amount that Texas811 would charge for this work.
John Ward made a motion to approve the contract with Texas811 to maintain the South Dakota One Call website. Todd Chambers seconded. Motion carried unanimously upon a roll call vote.
5. There being no further business, Todd Chambers made the motion to adjourn. John Ward seconded. Motion carried unanimously upon a roll call vote.
Minutes of this meeting were prepared by Larry Janes, Executive Director, South Dakota One Call Notification Board. For information about South Dakota One Call/South Dakota 811, please visit http://onecall.sd.gov.
Materials presented at this meeting are available by contacting the Executive Director in writing at email@example.com or by calling (605) 339-0529.