Meeting of the
South Dakota One Call Notification Board
June 2, 2010 8:00 AM CDT
Ft. Pierre Holiday Inn Express
Ft. Pierre, SD
Board Members: Bleau LaFave, Northwestern Energy, Chairman; Kurt Pfeifle, Mid-Dakota Rural Water System, Vice Chairman; Erin Hayes, Midcontinent Communications; Jerry Schroeder, Golden West Telecommunications; Todd Chambers, Watertown Municipal Utilities; Kevin Kouba, Otter Tail Power Co; Ed Anderson, SDREA; Doug Larson, Northern Border Pipeline; Dan Kaiser, Qwest Communications; Eugene Solseth, Hills Septic Service; Terry Larson, Heavy Constructors; Legal Counsel: Kara Semmler; Larry Englerth, Executive Director Support; Executive Director: Larry Janes
Call to Order and Roll Call
Approval of Meeting Agenda
Approval of Previous Minutes
a. February 8, 2010 Board Meeting
Review and Approval of Financial Report
Financial Summary including expenditure detail for July and August 09
Call volume trends
OCS Performance Results
Executive Director Report Items
- OC09-002—Status of action against Mark Seifkes, dba S.P.O.T.
- OC09-007 – SDN vs. Larry’s Electric
- OC09-008 — SDN vs. Sharpe Enterprises – Consideration of pre-filed testimony
- OC09-009 – City of Crooks vs. Kappes Fencing
- OC09-010 – Watertown Municipal Utilities vs. Grangaard Construction, Inc
- OC09-011 – Watertown Municipal Utilities vs. Grangaard Construction, Inc
- OC10-001 – Northern Natural Gas Co. vs. Zwak Excavation
- OC10-002 – Petition of SD Association of Rural Water Systems for a Declaratory Ruling
- SB 90 – Bar test survey – Revision to 49-7A-1 An Act to provide exception from one-call notification requirements to natural gas operators in emergency situations.
- SB 125 – Revision to 49-7A-12 An Act to revise certain provisions relating to violations associated with the statewide one-call notification system. Complaint to be filed not later than ninety (90) days after discovery, but no more than one year after the date of the alleged violation.
- SB 104 – An Act to revise certain provisions regarding disclosure of public information and public meetings.
- AG Official Opinion 10-01 – Revision to 49-7A-15 exempts railroad companies when the railroad has legal or fee title to the land where its underground facilities are located.
- Authorization for Executive Director to pay bills beyond July 31, 2010.
- 2010 Excavator Meeting Summary
- Governor’s Proclamation declaring April as Safe Digging Month.
- PHMSA Damage Prevention Characterization Tool.
- Executive Session for consideration of Executive Director contract.